Can someone help? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Can someone help?

KrystDaymenKrystDaymen Posts: 1Member
First off I'm glad to be here. I'll get right to the point:

I want to eventually program java apps on the android platform, but I know NOTHING about programming. Can anyone please suggest an ebook, website or anything that will teach me java program language. Now it must be understood that what I need first is something that talks to me like I'm four and explains not only java but all the terms and what they mean as I know almost nothing. I.E. I need something that will explain what a class is, what an object is...basically I understand english and I need something that will teach me programming from the very ground up.

Any help is greatly appreciated in advance and I am sorry if this post is in the wrong place. Thanks.

Comments

• _uJJwAL__uJJwAL_ Posts: 1Member
    Hi there,

If you really want to get into programming Java then first you should know some basics of programming. You can take few days knowing the stuffs of programming, then you can finally start coding. To begin, with Java, you might have checked in some books stating for Dummies. But if you want you can check these books.

1.Java All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies, 2nd Edition, Doug LoweandBarry Burd

2.Java How to Program, Dietel Dietel

Also, you are thinking of doing programming for Android, I think thats a long way to go. But still, you have plans. I hope you would successfully come accross.

Best of Luck