Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Creating a Matlab GUI that displays equations

jacknispjacknisp Posts: 1Member
I am interested in writing a Matlab program that takes an equation input by the user, and performs error analysis calculations on it. The purpose of the program is to streamline error analysis calculations for lab reports. I want to be able to type in an equation in a GUI, and have the program display the equation in symbolic form ("handwritten" math), then perform the relevant calculations on the equation, displaying the symbolic expression at each step. I am unsure how to go about generating and displaying the expressions in a GUI. The programming of a custom GUI in matlab is carried out in an m-file, but symbolic calculations are handled in MuPad. Is there a way to access and use the functions of MuPad from the m file interface? I'm pretty stuck on this. There doesn't seem to be any documentation regarding displaying mathematical expressions in a GUI, just plots and stuff. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!