Newbie - which language to use? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Newbie - which language to use?

sisomsisom Posts: 1Member
Hi, I'm a newcomer to programming, and want to produce a simple word processing program. I want to be able to set up keyboard shortcuts for the word processor, like Alt+S for 'save', etc.
I did learn BASIC about thirty years ago, but have forgotten all of it. Can anybody tell me if I should go with BASIC or some other language? I want to eventually be able to produce an add on for Microsoft Office, which gets rid of the 'Ribbon' and brings back the old menu system.
I don't mind which language I learn, I just want to make sure I pick the right one to begin with.
Many thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Comments