Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Connecting into a webhost (MYSQL DATABASE)

ryzamakunryzamakun Posts: 1Member
Hi everyone.. I'm glad if anyone could help me in my problem. I'm still a student and I'm not too familiar in creating online applications. Anyway here is the scenario.

I've already created my website that uses PHP as the language and MYSQL as the database. I've already uploaded everything in the site and seems like it's working properly. I'm already ok with that part wherein the website is already complete.

The problem here is that in our project. We're not only going to create a website (which I consider front-end or Client - WEB BASE). We are to create a website which is maintained by an application which this application is considered as the (back end or server - FILE BASE). The problem concerns in which what Programming Language should I use. Programming languages which I am familiar with are Visual Studio 2010, VB6.0, Java and C++. But if there any other language I can use to create the maintenance for my site. I'm going to study on it as soon as possible. Please provide information or tutorial on which I would learn to connect that Programming Language into (Mysql Database of my Webhost - ZYMIC.com). Thanks in advance! I hope someone is kind enough to help me. I'll be really grateful if anyone could.

Anyway.. the reason why i've poster here in VB.net is that I'm really planning on using VB.net as the language. But I'm not really familiar and I can't think of any way to connect my VB Application into a Web Host like Zymic.com