Is 80C535 Compatible with 80C31? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Is 80C535 Compatible with 80C31?

Jusman_SJusman_S Posts: 1Member
Hello dear friends,

I have some experience with 8051 programming in Assembler.
Recently I have to repair several Vehicle ECU(Electronic Control Unit). The ECU employs two 80C535 microprocessor in the unit, so I wanted to test the 80C535.

Since it is difficult to find an 80C535 Tester, I decided to build a simple one myself. With many 8051 circuits are in the Internet, I was succeded in building an 80C31 Development Board. It can be connected to PC running Hyperterminal via RS232 port, and has a Monitor Program in the EPROM. I can download a hex format 80C31 program from the PC into the board's RAM and run it. It has also an 8 bit port to connect to the outside world.

Afterwards, I built a same board, but I substituted an 80C535 in place of the 80C31. I implemented some modification of course :
1. Set the Reset pin normally high, merely by connecting a 10