visual studio IDE crashes (asp.net) - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

visual studio IDE crashes (asp.net)

mmmundhrammmundhra Posts: 1Member
Operating system : windows XP, sp3

When i click on asp.net gridview smart tag > edit columns button. Then my visual studio 2008 IDE just crashes. This problem happens in every asp.net project where gridview control is used.

I think this problem occures when i enabled automatic updates in my machines. Which causes many updates automatically installed in my desktop.

With following error which i copied from event viewer -->

Event Type: Error

Event Source: .NET Runtime

Event Category: None

Event ID: 1023

Date: 3/31/2011

Time: 5:52:48 PM

User: N/A

Computer: MCSINCSERVER

Description:

.NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.3053 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (7A097706) (80131506)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
After installing visual studio and sp1 problem remains. Any help to solve above problem will be

highly appreciated.