Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

[HELP] Search multiple text files in a directory.

ChickenflossChickenfloss Posts: 1Member
I have been learning to program with VB and have learned a lot. I have tried multiple ways of searching text documents and have failed miserably at every turn. I have googled and looked at other similar problems, but I really just need someone to show me a sample as it's the best way I learn. I can search for a string in a single file, but when it gets into retrieving the directory and doing the same over multiple files I am completely lost.

Basically I want to pull the string value from say textbox1 and check for that string in a folder full of text files to see if any of those files have that string in them. Also, is there any way to check for that string only on a specific line? Say only return results for textbox1 string if it is located on line one of the text file?