Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Virtual USB hub development

ishaisishais Posts: 1Member
Hi,

My questions are about USB hubs (I have read much of the USB 2.0 spec and still not sure):

(1) I am interested in implementing a "virtual" hub, which will be a board connected to PC via USB, that will simulate multiple devices traffic towards the PC. After reading USB 2.0 spec, I wonder if this implementation is possible at all at the board (without installing any software at the PC)?

(2) Does a hub access/monitor the addresses of the devices attached to it, or (as I suspect) it has no business with device addresses and only does hardware switching and reports to the PC of attachment/detachment of devices to its multiple ports?

Thanks for any help!
Ishai