I know this isnt the place to post this..... - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I know this isnt the place to post this.....

ronpage28ronpage28 Posts: 1Member
So I appologize in advance. I know that this is probably not the place to post this but I need some help/advice. I am a complete nube to programming. I am 28 and in the Air Force but I have recently come to the conclusion that I would love to program for a living. I have searched all over the web for what language to learn first and what steps I need to take. However I get conflicting ideas everywhere I look. Some say python first, some assebly, some say C. Please help me out here. I cant take a programming class where I am at right now so I want to teach myself how to program. I dont care how hard it is to program so long as I have enough resources to help me understand why things are done a certain way. Maybe I sound stupid but I dont even know what I want to program yet because I dont fully understand the concept of what programming can do, and how it does it. So like I said I HAVE NO knowledge of programming and I dont expect immediate results from a book. Basically I know it will take time however I want to start in the right place and progress in the right direction. Any help or advice will be appreciated. Thanks