I know this isnt the place to post this..... - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

I know this isnt the place to post this.....

ronpage28ronpage28 Posts: 1Member
So I appologize in advance. I know that this is probably not the place to post this but I need some help/advice. I am a complete nube to programming. I am 28 and in the Air Force but I have recently come to the conclusion that I would love to program for a living. I have searched all over the web for what language to learn first and what steps I need to take. However I get conflicting ideas everywhere I look. Some say python first, some assebly, some say C. Please help me out here. I cant take a programming class where I am at right now so I want to teach myself how to program. I dont care how hard it is to program so long as I have enough resources to help me understand why things are done a certain way. Maybe I sound stupid but I dont even know what I want to program yet because I dont fully understand the concept of what programming can do, and how it does it. So like I said I HAVE NO knowledge of programming and I dont expect immediate results from a book. Basically I know it will take time however I want to start in the right place and progress in the right direction. Any help or advice will be appreciated. Thanks