Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Basic is a great language.

GWS01GWS01 Posts: 10Member
Those folk who look in here who use Basic for their applications, already know what a superb language it is.

The folk who haven't tried it, don't know what they're missing.

The language you choose is a life changing thing. It is the means by which you make a living maybe, or just express yourself by programming for fun.

Basic is great for hobby programmers - but can be equally useful for technical and commercial applications.

I've used Fortran, Algol, Delphi, and various dialects of Basic.

I even got paid once for an educational program I did in Visual Basic 5 - but that's unusual.

For more years than I care to think about, I made my living from Fortran. A good language, but compared to Basic, completely useless as far as user interface and graphics goes.

I'm convinced in my later years, that Basic is the winner - and I might just try to prove it ..

best wishes,

Graham

Comments