Using etfe and spa commands - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Using etfe and spa commands

idwtyidwty Posts: 1Member
I believe the general form of these commands are as follows:
etfe
g=etfe(dat,[],fv);

spa
h=spa(dat,[],linspace(0,3.1416,fv));

where dat is the matrix that contains the input and output data
where fv is some final value of the number of frequency partition (I think)
where g and h is just some dummy variable
where linspace means it'll be using linear rather than logarithm
where [] denotes the default

I believe fv means how many points you want for the frequency response Bode plot (e.g. resolution). But when I tried it out I found out well its not exactly like that.

I did several tests, using a fv = 400:1:410, I found out that even though a change of 1 value the Bode plot changes drastically. And this is NOT a resolution change (e.g. the amount of details).

Another test that I did was using a fv = 500:500:2000, I found that it actually have a resolution change. The general form of the Bode plot is the same except more detailed peaks; specifically peaking lower and lower near the last point. For example, say fv = 500 had the last and lowest point at -2000. Then fv = 2000 would have had something like -6000.

I really do not know why this is happening or how to choose the "correct" fv value. I tried using ident (system identification tool) to find what I should be expecting but that did not help much.

The following is the code for the script (m-file) I used.
t1rm = temperature1 with mean removed (output)
s1rm = steam value position1 with mean removed (input)

dat=iddata(t1rm,s1rm,1);
fv=500;
g=etfe(dat,[],fv);
fr=get(g,'frequency');
frs=get(g,'responsedata');
figure
subplot(211)

for i=1:fv-1
loglog([fr(i),fr(i+1)],[abs(frs(1,1,i)),abs(frs(1,1,i+1))])
hold on
end

ph(i)=phase(frs(1,1,i));
end

ylabel('Amplitude')
title('Frequency Response (Zero-Mean)')
phun=unwrap(ph);
subplot(212)

semilogx([fr(i),fr(i+1)],[phun(i)*180/pi,phun(i+1)*180/pi])
hold on
end

xlabel('Frequency (Rads/s)')
ylabel('Phase (Deg)')