Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

MySQL probs

LuminariumLuminarium Posts: 8Member
Hi guy's, i just want to know how can i figure out my problem in regards to database designing.

here's the problem, i have created a table that contains basic information about a certain client,
i named the table "r_info", next i created another table that contains the information about a
certaing customer's scheduling for an event or something in similar, i named it "r_schedule_listing".

Next i added two client informations on my "r_info" table

id Name last_name
1 Test1 TestX
2 Test2 TextZ

then i added a certaing scheduled event for customer id "1"

sched_id event_name
1 Swimming

now here's where the problem starts, once i tried a queried approach,
so that i could view only the data's i need, filtered on two different tables!

here's what happen

id Name last_name sched_id event nane
1 Test1 TestX 1 Swimming
2 Test2 TextZ1 1 Swimming

see?, my entry for the "r_schedule_listing" table was just duplicated when i tried to query it and matched the id's to the "r_info" table.

so what do you guys think?? hope you could help me out in here

tools i use:
MySQL 5.3 (database)
MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE (database designing)
phpMyAdmin (web-based database administrator)

thanks, hope someone helps me on this :'(