Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

D6 Making Chart Series Dynamic

Ok so I have this procedure that creates series for my chart at runtime, it works fine, the first time. While the program is running I have to at one point when the user clicks an icon, I have to cycle through the series to see which ones of my box items are there and if X is not there create a new series. It doesn't work needless to say the second time, I get an error on run.

This is my procedure:

[code]
procedure createSeries ();
var
account: string;
autoP: bool;
I: integer;
Line: TLineSeries;
begin
Form1.Chart1.RemoveAllSeries;

for I := 0 to Form1.servlist.Items.Count-1 do
begin

account := Form1.servlist.Items.Strings[I];
autoP := readBoolFromRegistry('Softwaremf' + account, 'wping', false);

if autoP = true then
begin

Line := TLineSeries.Create(Line);
Line.Title := account;
Line.Name := account;
Line.Marks.Visible := true;
Line.Marks.Clip := false;

If Form1.Chart1.SeriesList.IndexOf(Line.Pointer) = -1 then
begin
Form1.Chart1.AddSeries(Line);
end;

end;

end;

end;
[/code]

It all works perfect the first time, but the second time it says that line component already exists.

Comments