Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Delphi 2010 Import Type Library (Windows 7)

I'm having problems importing a type library into Delphi 2010 on a Windows 7 machine.

I go to Component->Import Component->Import Type Library and when I try to add the dll I get the message 'Error accessing OLE registry.'. I don't get this problem with Windows XP.

Comments

• OneDevTeamOneDevTeam Posts: 3Member
    Try to start your Delphi with administrator rights (right click on icon, properties/compatibility/run as admin)...
  • szluhaszluha Posts: 29Member
    Well, I've tried that first, but it didn't work.

I did solve the problem though, running D2010 in compatibility mode for WinXP.

The problem now (now that I got D2010 to work), is that D2010 is way too slow on Win7, so I'm back on WinXP.

I checked where the slowness comes from:
    any line of code like x:=TX.create is extrememly slow.

My program is quiet large (+/- 1 million lines of code). I don't know if this is the reason, but I would appreciate if someone lets me know if you had the same problem, and how (if) you fixed it.