DB programming with SQL - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

DB programming with SQL

DWDuckDWDuck Posts: 31Member
I'm using SQL database with Delphi 7 what I need to dois filter a database, with SQL code? My current setup is TADOConnection, connected to the SQL database, then ADOTable, connected to the ADOConnection, pointed to the correct table and a Datasource. Now on the search form I want it to filter with the information selected (Field name selected from a combobox and a value entered into a editbox) I want to make use of SQL code, I need to know how do I Filter the ADOTable or do I have to make use of Tquerry? and how do I connect the querry to the SQL database and table ?

Comments

• softmansoftman Posts: 157Member
    Hi!

I suggest you to manipulate data by setting the sql, and using sql queries instead of using filters, it will be faster, than filter the table (if I understand the question properly).
    What kind of database engine are you using along with ADO?

\///
    /O O
    | | |
    | _ |
    ___/
    SoftMan
  • DWDuckDWDuck Posts: 31Member
    Well I'm using sql database. What I want to be able to do is at runtime, the user will specify a set of parameters (bound by what I make available to them) via comboboxes, when they click search I want to generate a sql querry, the only thing is I have never worked with delphi and sql together, I don't know which components in delphi to use together for this purpose.
    Darkwing Duck aka DWduck signing off :)