Beginner Programmer here - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Beginner Programmer here

Hi there, my name is mike and i am new to this site. I am a sophmore in High School and i want to get into programming. I have heard of a few languages to try first but i need some suggestions from experienced programmers. I am thinking of possibly just biting the bullet and buying C++ for dummies, but i do not know if that is realistic. Maybe it is, what is your opinion?

Thank you
Mike

Comments

• NogtisNogtis Posts: 2Member
    Really, all the info you need is online. Don't blow money on books just yet. Especially when your just starting out. I'm still just a newbie so I hesitate to give out too much advice.
  • Gromiqu1234Gromiqu1234 Posts: 5Member
    Thats actually great advice. I was told to look into python before C++ and this is proving to work well so far, I found some free books on the internet, and so far its going pretty darn good. Alot less complicated that C++ lol =D
  • NogtisNogtis Posts: 2Member
    Thats how it worked for me too. Only it was Java.
  • Gromiqu1234Gromiqu1234 Posts: 5Member
    Yea Java is really useful but I think it is abit too heavy for me still. Python is just easier to me, thats my opinion though
  • jennifer_111jennifer_111 Posts: 1Member
    Hi Guys,
    I am new here. I am always looking for new opportunity to learn. I hope, I would prove to be a productive member.