Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

sum function

O4ACigO4ACig Posts: 1Member
Sean, this seems so silly, but I am having such a hard time getting a calculated field in a subform. I created a data base in Access when I was secretary of our Homeowners Association, and now am treasurer. At that time I was running Access 2003. I am now running Windows 7 Pro, Access 2007. I added a new table for dues, and created a subform on the member information form to enter the dues information on a yearly basis, with a year balance. The year balance works fine. In the footer of the subform, I created a control to add each years balance wanting to show a sum. In the control properties - I entered =Sum([yrbalance])(the name of the field itself) and when I view the subform in form view, I continue to get an error message. Until I get this to work, I can't add it to the main form. I thought I was doing everything correctly, but am stuck. Could the conversion from 2002-2003 format to 2007 be the problem, or am I just doing something incorrectly? Any help would be most appreciated!

Comments

• seancampbellseancampbell Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 684Member ✭✭✭
    Hi O4ACig,

I'm sorry but you have not provided enough information for me to give you a direct answer. I am certainly not an Access expert, but I may be able to help you if you can provide me a copy of your database.

If this database contains sensitive information you don't want to share, Please post the full text of the error you are getting and any more information about the problem you are having for me to help.

Please note that I stopped moderating this forum mid last year. A sticky thread I put up contains information on how to contact me outside of this forum. I will check back a few times next week for a response from you to make sure you get a good answer,

-Sean Campbell -Firesickle