Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Please Help! Batch File to find and replace config values required

hitman126hitman126 Posts: 3Member
Hi,

I have what should hopefully be a very simple scenario.

I have a batch file which relies on a text file (e.g. MyConfigUpdate.txt) to retrieve a set of values, line by line. Each line represents a server name. To illustrate, let's say the servers are listed as follows:

WebServer 1
AppServer 2
DatabaseServer 3

The batch script is required to retrieve each line entry, e.g. WebServer 1, AppServer 2 and replace a value in a web config file.

For e.g, if the web config file has the following keys:

I would like to replace the word localhost with "WebServer 1",

For:

I would like to replace the word localhost with "AppsServer 2"

And finally for:

I would like to replace DBServer with "DatabaseServer 3"

Any ideas how I can achieve this please? I believe the For loop is my best option but the correct syntax is somehow stumped me.

Thanks.

PS: My script can only be a batch file and no other file type or third-party application.