Help Needed - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Help Needed

Hey guys,

Im just starting to get into programming, the only things i know how to do or know about are Html and Php. What i wanted to do was create a text based game or mmorpg, but i dont know where to get started. If you would be kind enough to show me the way of programming that would be great.

Things i probably would need to know and/or dont know how:

Where to server host.
How to upload codes.
Any other coding such as css or c++ or Mysql.

(If you would like to join me in creating a text based game then that would be awesome, the more the easier and funer.)

Thanks, Programmer22

Comments

• pseudocoderpseudocoder Posts: 687Member ✭✭✭
    I'd recommend finding a free host for trial and error; phpnet.us offers 3 mysql dbs on its "free" plan. Uploads can be done using ftp and/or the "cpanel" of the hosting company.

I'm no programmer by any means, but I've played around with old school rpgs using php, javascript, and a bit of mysql; the web stuff is a royal pain to work with...

Nonetheless, best of luck to you; it can be rewarding once you've ironed things out. :)