Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Looking to Form a Small Game Development Team

Hi,

To begin with my name is Nick and I'm interested in trying to form a small independent game development group, that will in the beginning focus on developing for the PC. I've long been a game enthusiast and have always wanted to develop video games based on my concepts/ideas. Because of this I have several typed documents stored away on potential game titles that could be profit worthy should they ever be developed. Partakers can expect a fair share of profits and my un-dieing support for them in the form of financing the much needed components/services. Partakers can also expect the complete freedom to express there own ideas/concepts for potential games as I don't expect a good group to help me in just developing my ideas.

At this point I am hoping that I can find at least two well versed concept artists for blueprint work, two programmers that are familiar with how to code C# and C++, at least one audio guy for music development, and lastly two 3-d modulars who know how to fully develop objects, environments, and humanoids. If I could have the said privilege of a small game team then my particular role in this said venture would be to provide mostly financial backing and also providing valuable project management skills. I am well aware of what it would take to successfully keep a project going smooth after initial formation of a team as well as being very familiar with the different job roles particular importance/contribution to the overall project.

Moreover, I would like to provide inquirers with more specifics concerning the teams general mindset. Firstly in the beginning I hope that many might come forward to work out of shear passion as game development is an expensive process, BUT I want to make it clear that this sort of venture is focused on more of the ideal that if you put a great deal into it, then you personally will have a lot coming out of it. This first go is not intended to simply be a half hashed bunch of freelancers simply there because of prompt money/opportunities. I am in the business of seriously wanting to form a highly dedicated/collaborative bunch of developers who aren't afraid to throw a little caution to the wind and give serious effort to forming a game company that people can come to praise.

Continuing on that I'm a firm believer that game development is just like any other art driven business and there success rate from my findings are based more on the passion/innovation factor and less on the money. Generally speaking for those of you who are just here to make money/a check then I'm afraid your gravely mistaken as most art driven pursuits rarely have tons of profits rolling in quickly, it starts on passion and generally becomes greatly profitable on passion, from there its just a matter of losing the passion that usually results in the fall from grace for many well established companies as they begin to over emphasize profit margins and not emphasize enough on unique product development. In any case theres easier ways to make money so its ill advised that anyone going into game development be thinking of just profits; to put it bluntly your in the wrong business if your just doing what you do for just the money. With that in mind hopefully that so called innovative effort might lead to bigger and better possibilities down the road as simply getting started is half the battle.

Getting on to more realistic ways of making money to fund projects, I have plans to target the Xbox 360 arcade + PSN for potential PC ports. I feel that will be instrumental in furthering the goals concerning resource gathering, this will help make/keep things rolling smoothly. Primarily my finances in the beginning will mainly be targeting resources essential to actually making the game and at the same-time however, that doesn't mean I won't consider paying for someones services for say the right price or on basis of skill level/experience. I do however require that these payment seekers go in to this inquiry with the mindset of "might this be a venture I would like to do for the long haul?" I say this because I don't simply want to just fill another seat, I want a long term collaboration.

I apologize for the length of this posting but as you can imagine there is much to express as far as forming a collaborative effort. If your interested in contacting me in regards to this posting then please PM me. In the subject line please provide a first name or alias that you go by followed by what position/positions your interested in. In the PM also please specify all forms of instant messenger types that you utilize in order for me to contact you. I pretty much am game for any and all types of IM including MSN, Skype, Facebook, AIM, Yahoo chat, IRC, and so on. I look forward to hearing from you guys and gals, thank you for your time.

Comments

• ChronoFluxChronoFlux Posts: 5Member
    Well I would love to join you,
    Infact I have a few ideas of my own.
    Im sorry to say that I dont know much about programing but I am loyal.
    I will gratefully learn any of the topics you posted and will grab hold of any one you wish me to learn I hope we can work together in the future. Ps do you have an age limit im 16 and dont know if will be able to work for you because you may want some one older but I will work for free untell we start makeing a profit so I hope this will not effect your choice to let me stay or not.
  • ChronoFluxChronoFlux Posts: 5Member
    Well I would love to join you,
    Infact I have a few ideas of my own.
    Im sorry to say that I dont know much about programing but I am loyal.
    I will gratefully learn any of the topics you posted and will grab hold of any one you wish me to learn I hope we can work together in the future. Ps do you have an age limit im 16 and dont know if will be able to work for you because you may want some one older but I will work for free untell we start makeing a profit so I hope this will not effect your choice to let me stay or not.