Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

ProIV (w/ Java) vs. C#

E_BayE_Bay Posts: 1Member
Greetings,

I'm not sure if this is the best subforum for this query, but figured I'd throw it out there.

Our company has been developing a new core app. We attempted to use a firm from India first that used C# and ASP to make a web-based program, but it didn't meet our needs in the end. We started over and went with C# on a desktop platform using .Net 4.0 and Silverlight with Visual Studio. We've been at that for 6 months... but the developer had promised that it would only take him 3 months to do this. Having lost confidence in him to get the job done, we're looking at new options.

One is a developer using ProIV and Java as his preferred method, and he claims that he believes it would be quicker for him to start over in ProIV/Java than to have anyone finish the existing development in C#. I'm not very familiar with ProIV or Java, but this seems like a pretty wild claim.

I wanted to explore the forums out there and see if people's general experience with ProIV is that it is substantially faster to develop in than C#, or that C# is just that much slower than anything else.

I appreciate your opinions!