Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How to improve my C++ with open source projects

geekcgeekc Posts: 1Member
Hello,

I am studying Computer Systems and Networks engineering at London South Bank University.
I know a bit about object oriented programming languages like PHP, Java and about C++... and indeed would like to improve my knowledge of C++.
But my knowledge is more from books. I have no experience on real projects.
I was thinking in getting programming experience with open source projects.
Do you think that is a good idea?
I have just downloaded Microsoft Visual C++ (express) but I quite don't know where to start and am finding it difficult to use sites like Sourceforge or Google code to find C++ projects. Is there anyway, for instance, to filter my searches to find only projects done in C++ ??

I find it easy to go through code in a book but managing a project seems a pain.
Do you know of any books or sites that help with managing a project, apart from dealing with the language itself.

I think I need a kick-start to help me start gaining experience. I would love to work as a programmer and C++ seems a good choice.
Hope you can help me.

Many thanks!

Comments