Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

CE 5 disabling CPU speed limit - via registry?

Hi there

I had a seach and nothing came up.

I have an IPAQ 314 PNA running windows CE 5.

It has a "feature" where if the USB charger is connected the CPU speed (SiRF Titan ARM11 Dual-Core Processor 600MHz) is throttled from a maximum 600MHz to a maximum 300MHz.

Actual CPU clock speed is adjusted by load.

Is it possibly to change something in the registry that means the CPU max clock speed is 600MHz when powered by USB?

[The device throttles the CPU speed during USB charging to reduce the current consumption to max 500mA@5V. I will make all the nessesary hardware and cooling arrangements to run at 600MHz up to XmA at 5V]

Thanks for any help in removing my CPU restriction :)

Comments