Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Can I change the Background Image of a Form in .exe/.dll?

Dear All!

I have a piece of software produced in 2010. The main form of the program (approx 1024x768, static dimensions) has very loud background image all over it (see attached file), which makes it difficult to work with this software.

My OS is Windows XP Pro, SP3. The main executable is an .exe win app. I could not find any text strings inside the exe/dll files which would point at some particular compiler.

Resource Explorers (ExeScope and PE Explorer) can see only some small icons inside the main executable, and no images.

Considering the program in hex editor has shown some little .bmp-pieces inside (starting with 42 4D+FileSize+000000000). But these are not what I am looking for.

Can I remove or change the background image on the main form of the program having no sources but usual .exe and dlls only? If yes, which procedure should I follow?

Any thoughts will be gratefully appreciated.
I will concretize any point on demand, if I can of course.

Great thanks in advance and Best Regards!

Comments