Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Whats the Fastest Way to Display Images in a C#.NET application

gemini99gemini99 Posts: 1Member
Hello there

I have developed a C#.NET application that reads image data from a camera. The images are 1600*1200 and are 24bpp. I am trying to stream the images as fast as possible to a child window for display. My first attempt involved creating a Bitmap object and using SetPixel to create the bitmap. This is then sent to a PictureBox control in the child Window.

However its well know SetPixel is chronically slow. So I downloaded a FastBitmap class that uses unsafe mode and locks the bits and draws the bitmap faster. This speeds it up by about 80% or so but it still looks very slow to me.

Can this be done using DirectX? Has anyone tried something like this?

Thanks.