cross compiler - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

cross compiler

hi,

what is the advantage of cross compiler over nativ compiler?
why do i need to cross compile any c binary even though i include the same header file
in an application.how does the size of cross compiled binary less than the native compiled binary?

regards
nadeem

Comments

• billakingbillaking Posts: 2Member
    Not sure if this would help. I've been doing some cross platform development for 3 platforms: Windows, Linux and MAC.

Linux sticks close to the ANSII C standards.

Microsoft, on the other hand, extends the standard ASCII libraries by adding their own set of libraries. This allows Microsoft to do the things it does for the Windows environment, such as drawing window forms, buttons, handling events and so forth. Because these libraries are not standard across all platforms, they will generate errors on the MAC and Linux platforms.

Not sure if this helps, but thought I'd tell you what I discovered.