Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Need help with program language for a educational software idea

I am in the IT business as a network administrator and computer repair technician. Along the way, I have passed many certifications by Comptia, Novell, Cisco, etc. I am currently unemployed and on unemployment benefits, which sucks! I need a way to make money - but not having much money to start something is the hard part and this is where you guys can help me.

I am 39 years old, and I used to program in basic on the commodore 64 / 128 and the amiga WAY back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth..LOL.

I could write this program so easily in basic , but for apparent reasons...that won't work. I am on windows and I would like to write a certification program. I own a really cool domain name for a cert company. All I need is the program.

I have toyed with two ideas, either going the basic route which would be a fixed in place or sizeable window. 1st window - introduction /

Options: enter in user name to keep track of score / progress.

Break down the cert course questions in categories - or just do 1 big one and change the options of number of questiosn to give instead.

Multiple choice questions - always random answers (so the user doesn't get used to knowing that the answer for a question is b. mix that up).

That's it.

2nd idea is this:

Flash card program. 400-600 questions - random questions - program looks like a flash card - front side - question or statement - back side - answer.

Next flash card.

random order. Number of flash cards.

I would like to be able to edit the program once it's written, for updates to questions etc.

I would also wonder if creating the program and then having the program refer to the questions in some sort of database - where the database is editable and then I could recompile the program and republish for updates.

I originally wanted to do this for an Iphone since most certification software out there SUCKS big time for the price you pay - usually 100-200 questions - I want to aim for high amount of questions and decent price. But, since I don't own a mac - haven't been able to hackintosh sucessfully and I don't know objective c or java..i put that on the back burner for now...

When I studied for all of my exams (which I passed all of them) - I would buy several books or cds (atleast 5 per topic) just to get all the questions to be sure about passing the exam.

I want to give the user his bang for the buck. I have all the information on flash cards now - I literally have atleast a 1000 flashcards for over 6-8 certifications.

I know this program would be super easy to do - so if someone wants to do it, or point me in the right direction to find a program thats public domain that I can alter and modify to my liking and then compile and sell, so be it. If you want to write this for me and if it takes off, then I will cut you in on a percentage of the sales per application. So we both make money.

OR - I do own a copy of Visual Studio 2010 - and I have NO IDEA which language that I should program this IF I can't find someone to do this. I will buy a book and learn the hard way if I can't find someone.

So, ultimately, what language would be best to write this program? Visual C# ? Visual Basic? C++ .. I am a total noob and I don't mind learning, I have no idea where to look besides this forum and one other that I found..

But, any help would be appreciated and anyone who helps me will be rewarded :) I think this would be a great thing to do considering that I'm going to pound out the answers / questions in the range of 400-600 per topic myself and the buyer will get his money's worth. Who knows where this might lead! :)

If you want to write this for me , please contact me at darkmantis69@gmail.com .. Only serious people please. I need to get this started ASAP .. For some, this shouldn't take too long at all to write this.. :) While for me, I need to teach myself the language first..

Thank you for everything!

Greg