Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

md5

Hello everybody!I would like some help with something!I'm working with eclipse (helios), apache tomcat 6 and axis 2 and i'm trying to create a web service that takes a string as an input and generates an md5 hush. I have done the web service part using the following code:

import java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException;
import java.security.MessageDigest;
import java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException;

public class AeSimpleMD5 {

private static String convertToHex(byte[] data) {
StringBuffer buf = new StringBuffer();
for (int i = 0; i < data.length; i++) {
int halfbyte = (data[i] >>> 4) & 0x0F;
int two_halfs = 0;
do {
if ((0 <= halfbyte) && (halfbyte <= 9))
buf.append((char) ('0' + halfbyte));
else
buf.append((char) ('a' + (halfbyte - 10)));
halfbyte = data[i] & 0x0F;
} while(two_halfs++ < 1);
}
return buf.toString();
}

public static String MD5(String text)
throws NoSuchAlgorithmException, UnsupportedEncodingException {
MessageDigest md;
md = MessageDigest.getInstance("MD5");
byte[] md5hash = new byte[32];
md.update(text.getBytes("iso-8859-1"), 0, text.length());
md5hash = md.digest();
return convertToHex(md5hash);
}
}

and it works great. The probleme is that i want to create the client for this and i can't understand the code that i'm must write. I have found many tutorials so I don't thing that i will have a probleme on what i must do. Just the code! Please help! Thanx in advance!!!