Arrays project help - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Arrays project help

FrcRcnFrcRcn Posts: 1Member
I am a rookie to programming and definitely a newbie so please be a little easy on me and the mistakes I have in my code. This is sincerely my first programming endeavor. If at all possible, I don't just want a handout but to also teach me to understand the process.

This is the program requirement:
Write a program named LabGrader that prompts the user for the name of a input file that holds the lab grades for a course. Each line of the file contain 10 lab grades followed by the student's name. For example,

98 89 67 97 78 0 98 67 100 89 John Walters Anderson
89.50 John Walters Anderson
Your program will drop the lowest two grades for each student, calculate their average, and write the average (with 2 decimal places) and name for each student to an output file.
You will create a file containing the final lab grades using the same name but with an "grd" extension. For example, using the input file, PY206_001.lab, your program should create a file called PY206_001.grd which contains the final lab grades.

My code is attached. Thanks in advance for your assistance.