Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

TCP Socket though proxy

Hallo,
I have to modify a C client/server program that opens a TCP socket from the client to the server. Recently my company installed a firewall between the various (physical) sites we run and now. So, every outgoing connection passes though a proxy server. That of course is a huge problem for the program. Unfortunately, the original programmer is not among us anymore and I have to fulfill the management's request and modify the program in order to use the proxy.
I searched on the internet but I did not find very useful information on the matter. So, is it possible to open a socket via an HTTP proxy? If yes, how on earth can I do that?
Note: The program uses libneon for some HTTP requests, namely, an HTTP authentication. That part is OK since libneon supports proxies. But the rest of the program uses plain old sockets...
Thank you in advance

Comments