Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Info required by a newbie

JaideJaide Posts: 1Member
Well I know this is the off site/off topic area but there's really no "lounge" for a meet and greet in here so I'll start with Hello :)
My name is Jaide, I'm a very small fish in a very big ocean of programmers. I know lots of HTML, a tid bit of CSS and some Java. I'm more into graphics but all in all I love to program a good simple web page from scratch. Thing is I joined here so I could learn some of the basics so I could better my knowledge. Last few places I got screamed at for posting and asking for help... I am TOTALLY new... wet behind the ears and have NO clue where to start. I want to learn more about networking, programming within a network (told Microsoft 2000-2007) ASP.net and MySql is a necessity if I want to get further in my job. I currently work for Logitech but I'm just a low end techie who knows how to fix cameras...along with other things (big woopie!) but being a green horn has it's major set backs... I can't afford the 150 K education and I don't have time to go to school... so I've been teaching myself as much as I can on my own... long and the short of it is I have NO idea where to start... where to go and what to look for... so I joined here as I was told this was one of the best places to go. So can anyone help? or is anyone willing to take an infant wanna be programmer under their wings and show them where to start?
I'd appreciate any advice and or links, info and or direction so I can get myself started.

Jaide