Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Own litte project

RipperRipper Posts: 85Member
good morning guys, hope you can help me.

I want to start and play around with delphi and OO.

I have a little app in my head, but dont know how to tackle it.

Let me explain what I want to do/need.

There is a edit box, where the user can enter a string that consists out of 2 values. Example: data = value

now, the data and the value is just plain strings.

under the edit box is a list box, where things are listed.

So, if the user type in Hello = World, in the list box Hello = World will exist. Only alpha numerics are allowed in the 2 values.

On the right hand side, there is a few buttons.

ADD - Add a entered string to the list box
Sort by the first value - Sort by the first value (with all the values in the list box)
Sort by the second value - Sort by the second value (with all the values in the list box)
Delete - Delete all the items entered.

That is the short story of it.

To start off, how do i store the data, if i want to create a nice OO project ? I thought of stringlists, because of the sort functionality that it have, but that sounds to easy.

please help