Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Automotive Systems Help

blckonyxxblckonyxx Posts: 1Member
Ok....not tech savvy whatsoever, so please bear with me.

I have an automotive application problem. I have installed a modern transmission installed in a slightly older car and it does not work. I am seeking to create an independent interface module to control an electronically controlled transmission that has its own internal module. Access to a Transmission module is not possible at this time, but can be obtained if necessary.

The nature of the approach to this project is a reverse engineering exercise.

What I know is the follow:

-The Transmission, Engine and Body modules MUST communicate via 2 forms of networks...(A) High Speed LAN and (B) Low Speed LAN.

-The High Speed LAN (A) is a two line parallel architecture having a "lo" and "hi" side. The Engine and Transmission module ONLY communicate with each other on this network.

-The Low Speed LAN (B) uses a 1-wire serial network with varying communication speeds up to approximately 90 kbps. The Engine or Transmission module only communicate with the Bodymodule on this network

-The Body module is the master or "gateway" module between the two LANs.

-The Body module initiates a 'search' or 'wake up' voltage signal along the 1-wire Low Speed LAN (B) to the Transmission, Engine and other modules. Their response confirms their presence and then authorization to proceed operation is given. Without this initial "search/wake up" signal the Transmission module will NOT communicate with the Engine module along the High Speed LAN (A) .

-The Body module maintains a "constant" minimum KBPS communication with the 1-wire Low Speed LAN (B) modules afterwards. Dropping this constant communication will trigger a 'failsafe' response from all modules on this network. The specifics of the failsafe response is unknown and therefore preferred to be avoided in our module's design.

What is needed:

-Isolate the Body module's "initiation" function(s)/program/code/pulse

-Isolate Body module's "maintenance" function(s)/program/code/pulse

-Create an independent module to automatically emulate same functions.

I have more detailed information, including schematics and actual components.

Any ideas????

Jesse