Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Matlab Mex issues

srobersonsroberson Posts: 1Member
I came across the following problem when investigating how to link fortran exe s from within the Matlab environment. To start with I had a look at some examples, which made sense but didn't run properly.

I encountered the following error when running the command 'y = timestwo(x)'. The root of the problem I eventually realized, when trying to compile the .F file outside of Matlab

">> mex 'C:Program FilesMATLABR2007bexternexamples
efbook imestwo.F'
f90: Severe: No such file or directory
... file is 'FilesMATLABR2007bexternexamples
efbook'
timestwo.i

C:PROGRA~1MATLABR2007BBINMEX.PL: Error: Compile of 'C:Program FilesMATLABR2007bexternexamples
efbook imestwo.F' failed.

??? Error using ==> mex at 208
Unable to complete successfully."

The solution to this problem, is that Matlab is trying to write the file timetwo.i to a write-protected drive. This issue may seem obvious to some, but as somebody who is used to having admin rights to all drives, it took me a long time to think of, and the error message was certainly not forthcoming.

Hope this help some others,

S