Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Need help sending email with PHP script

k2zsk2zs Posts: 1Member
Hello,

I have just made the switch from a windows 2000 server running coldfusion to a linux (suse 11.2) server running apache2. I need to have a website send out an automated email when a form is submitted. With Win2k/coldfusion it was no problem but I can't seem to be able to do it now. I have tried using the mail() function but I have to pass outbound emails through my cable service provided email server.

Can someone please help? I have read about sendmail() as an alternative to mail() but as of yet been unable to make anything work.

I do know it is possible because I set up a test website using Joomla and it will send emails through my cable providers SMTP server, but with Joomla there is a place where you specify the server, username, and password

Thanks,
Scott

Comments