HelloWorldApp - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

HelloWorldApp

0hchit0hchit Posts: 1Member
ive been tryin to get this right for a few days now with no luck. i downloaded jdk1.6.0_20, ive written the text document. ive followed th instructions on the sun java site. im getting farther than i was before using java demystified copyright 2004. ive written the path out in the environmental variables or i thought i had. can anyone show me aht i need to type in the path exactly? the java sun site said to sav the HelloWorldApp in Java which i did.... no luck. when i follow the examples at the java site it says to find it in C:Java but i have to type in C:Program FilesJava then i can find it in the directory but it says javac is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batchfile. ive typed a million and one different things for the path in the environmental variables and tried a million and one things in the command prompt window. i just dont get what im doing wrong... i cant give much better of a discription at this point my brain is officially fried trying to figure this out. this is very discouraging being stuck at square one but im not giving up i just need to get past this road block.

Comments

• silveredge52silveredge52 Posts: 198Member
    Hey,
    Getting past the setup can be very challenging, especially when there are bad instructions. This [link=http://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml]link[/link] talks about how to set the path environmental variable, you may already have it. The path variable for java needs to end with the bin directory, my path to java is: [code]C:Program FilesJavajdk1.6.0_20in[/code]
    My path variable looks like: [code]%SystemRoot%system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%System32Wbem;C:Program FilesATI TechnologiesATI Control Panel;[color=Blue]C:Program FilesJavajdk1.6.0_20in[/color][/code]

Note that each "path" ends with a semicolon except the last.

Location of the path to Java is not important, you may add it at the end but you will need to put a semicolon before it if you do if there is not one. Remember you probably will [u][b]edit[/b][/u] an existing [color=Blue]System variable[/color] path variable. To edit it, I copy it into notepad, add the path information then copy it back in replacing the original content.

ps. Use google to find answers to your java questions, if one link isn't good, try another.

regards, se52