Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Programming on a cellphone?

Sorry about the cross-post (Java).

I'm currently under the impression that many/most cellphone games are programmed in Java. I'm familiar with VB, C++, HTML, and I've even played around with Scratch (scratch.mit.edu).

What I'm looking for is a way to program cellphone game ON the cellphone itself. I don't have alot of free time on a PC to program something for transfer to a phone, I want to program directly on the phone.

Is there [italic][b]any[/b][/italic] option for this? I'm open to any and [italic]all[/italic] suggestions. I'd even be willing to buy a treo and start writing PALM programs if necessary.

Any ideas are appreciated!

~Thanks

Comments

• infinitum3dinfinitum3d Posts: 4Member
    BUMP.

So, I've seen some software out there, like MobileBasic, which is supposed to work on Java-enabled phones. My Motorola Q9C is not java-enabled by default, but I have IBM's J9 ('emulator?') and Esmertec's JBED, but I'm not sure if that is compatible/acceptible.

I've tried loading Scratch [url]http://scratch.mit.edu[/url] which I thought was java-based, but technically speaking it's not.

There IS a Ubuntu version, so I was going to try to load Ubuntu onto my device, but then I lose WindowsMobile. Could I maybe run Ubuntu from a storage card as a dual-OS type situation?

Any thoughts? I know it's crazy, and I should just buy a $300 netbook, but the phone is just so much more portable... Just drop it in your pocket and go. Even the smallest laptop is the size of a book.

Thanks for any help at all!!!
  • infinitum3dinfinitum3d Posts: 4Member
    Bump.

Anyone? Any ideas? I've been just writing lines of code on the phone and then transferring/compiling on my desktop phone, but that's very time consuming since I only get to use the desktop PC every month or two.

ANY ideas?
  • FortnumFortnum Posts: 10Member
    There is an Mobile Integration inside netbeans(Java) which allows you to program certain devices with java. It's been a year ago since i last used it , but it has certain bugs. I have no idea if they are already cleared out now.