Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

ASCII file transfer through serial port

sethumsethum Posts: 1Member
My requirement is as follows.

1) Transfer a ACII file from PC to a RTOS based hardware using serial port and this file has to save as a .txt file in RTOS based hardware.In my case this ASCII file is a configuration file that in turn being used by RTOS based hardware.

I know basic serial communication implementation for transfering strings and numbers from PC to this RTOS based hardware.In PC I have to implement Windows based GUI and need to implement serial communication module.

But if I need to transfer a ASCII file , What are the things I have to take care.My basic Idea is read .txt file and send it as a packets to remote end. But how I can handle newline characters etc. So If somebody have source code for this requirement, Could you please share the same.