FTP rar file corruption

Hi all - I have written a batch file that uses the rar command to archive a folder with a bunch of files in it.

This file then needs to be sent to my ftp server.

I can successfully connect to my ftp server and 'put' files on it with no problems...

However, the problem comes when I try to upload a .rar file. The file sends to my ftp server and seems to have no problems, but when I pull it off and try to extract it it tells me the following:

! C:UsersChristopherDesktopwrar393.rar: CRC failed in wrar393.exe. The file is corrupt
! C:UsersChristopherDesktopwrar393.rar: Unexpected end of archive

This is just a test archive I made (archived the wrar.exe file and sent it as a .rar file)

So the problem here is definitely within the dos FTP client because when I use FileZilla, it woks perfectly fine.
If i upload the file through ms-dos and download it through ms-dos it gives me the error
If i upload the file through filezilla and download it through ms-dos it gives me the error.
If i upload the file through ms-dos and download it through filezilla it gives me the error
If i upload the file with filezilla and download with filezilla it does not give me error

So it seems as soon as it passes through ms-dos's FTP it is corrupting it. (or something is happening)

I have tried this on both Windows 7 and Win XP and same issues on both as well as crossing over (download/uploading on the different machines)

I'm using this within the command prompt:
ftp
open XXXXX.com
userXXXXXXXname
passXXXXXXXword

lcd C:Setup_Files
cd qbooksbackup
put qbooksbackup.rar
(It then proceeds to finish and say a certain byte size was transferred in a number of seconds, etc.)

Any Help Please!

Thank you so much in advance!

- Chris

Comments