Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

FTP rar file corruption

forsberg94forsberg94 Posts: 2Member
Hi all - I have written a batch file that uses the rar command to archive a folder with a bunch of files in it.

This file then needs to be sent to my ftp server.

I can successfully connect to my ftp server and 'put' files on it with no problems...

However, the problem comes when I try to upload a .rar file. The file sends to my ftp server and seems to have no problems, but when I pull it off and try to extract it it tells me the following:

! C:UsersChristopherDesktopwrar393.rar: CRC failed in wrar393.exe. The file is corrupt
! C:UsersChristopherDesktopwrar393.rar: Unexpected end of archive

This is just a test archive I made (archived the wrar.exe file and sent it as a .rar file)

So the problem here is definitely within the dos FTP client because when I use FileZilla, it woks perfectly fine.
If i upload the file through ms-dos and download it through ms-dos it gives me the error
If i upload the file through filezilla and download it through ms-dos it gives me the error.
If i upload the file through ms-dos and download it through filezilla it gives me the error
If i upload the file with filezilla and download with filezilla it does not give me error

So it seems as soon as it passes through ms-dos's FTP it is corrupting it. (or something is happening)

I have tried this on both Windows 7 and Win XP and same issues on both as well as crossing over (download/uploading on the different machines)

I'm using this within the command prompt:
ftp
open XXXXX.com
userXXXXXXXname
passXXXXXXXword

lcd C:Setup_Files
cd qbooksbackup
put qbooksbackup.rar
(It then proceeds to finish and say a certain byte size was transferred in a number of seconds, etc.)

Any Help Please!

Thank you so much in advance!

- Chris

Comments