Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Mysql, crystal reports XI

zero_sequencezero_sequence Posts: 2Member
Hi to all,

i am trying to set the logon data for crystal reports that i have created. in crystal report builder i manage to connect to mysql by the jdbc driver downloaded from the official site of mysql.
[link=http://www.eakes.org/80/connecting-to-mysql-with-crystal-reports-xi/][/link]

but i want to change the ip of the mysql database ex instead of 127.0.0.1 a want to connect to a remote pc where mysql is intalled...
i tried this but
[code] Dim Logoninfo As New TableLogOnInfo()
Logoninfo.ConnectionInfo.ServerName = "127.0.0.1"
Logoninfo.ConnectionInfo.DatabaseName = "db"
Logoninfo.ConnectionInfo.UserID = "root"
Logoninfo.ConnectionInfo.Password = "test"

cryRpt.Database.Tables().Item(0).ApplyLogOnInfo(Logoninfo)

cryRpt.VerifyDatabase()
[/code] i always get logon failed although everything is correct(i use it with 127.0.0.1) moreover i want to use recordselectionformula but again no luck

PLZ HELP ME

Comments

• seancampbellseancampbell Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 684Member ✭✭✭
    127.0.0.1 is localhost, which is the IP address reserved to represent the computer you are working on. So that would connect only to a MySQL Server that is running on the computer the code is executing on.

Change that IP address to the IP of the computer that is hosting the MySQL DB you want to connect to. If you set up the computer that is hosting the MySQL DB you want to connect to, make sure that you have properly configured the install correctly and that you are using the proper IP address for that computer from the one you are executing the code from.

-Sean
  • zero_sequencezero_sequence Posts: 2Member
    Sean,

thank you for your answer. I am aware that 127.0.0.1 is localhost but even when i run the application locally (where mysql is installed) i get logon failed. although everything is correct!