please help with matlab and ANN's - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

please help with matlab and ANN's

dugudugu Posts: 1Member
Hi all.
My name is Dugu, I am pretty new around here.
I joined this forum because I have a big problem. I need to build an experiment in an virtual environment, using a robot manipulator (which I already designed in CAD, and exported it into OGRE) and ANN's (artificial neural networks). I am trying to build an experiment similar to the one you can see in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/v/xRq76EATroM
I have several questions which I kindly post to you:
1. What task should be handled by the ANN? Is it avoid the obstacle, or grasping, or maybe the path planning of the arm? I'm not sure I can follow this.
2. What type of neural network should I use (feedforward, backprop, etc.)? What kind of learning? How can I input
the obstacles to the ANN?
3.What software should I use? As I mentioned, I already have designed the arm in an CAD environment. Could I use only Matlab's neural network plugin and then export the results in a C/C++ compliant way that could be integrated in my app? how could I accomplish this?