implementing software raid 5 in c - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

implementing software raid 5 in c

hi,
i was wondering if anyone can help me implement software raid 5 in c.
i have this project to do and i don't know how to do this?can anyone just tell me the steps involved in this?Do we need to partition disks to implement this?If so,how t partition the disks?pls post your comments.I really really need this.
thanks,
rachel

Comments

• zv470zv470 Posts: 1Member
    My guess is; you'd need to write a virtual device driver that makes the OS think you have a normal disk attached. The virtual driver would act like a bridge between the OS and a RAID layer. This RAID layer would handle all the low level disk access. Read and write. The low level code would have to spread your files (including parity) across a minimum of 3 disks. Hope this helps. I don't have any Linux experience so I don't know how drives get mounted. So if anyone knows please correct me. :)

Rob.
  • user11user11 Posts: 3Member
    hi ... hope u all will be fine..

well i have some sort of question regarding implementation of some algorithm in linux related to parallel processing...kindly help me out..

well i need the
    1.code of implementing one to all broadcast and all to one reduction for a ring..
    2.implementing ALL to All broadcast and reduction for mesh
    3.Implemenation of ALl reduction for hypercube..
    kindly if any one have the stuff related to my post kindly do paste the code if u have..

Regards
    USer11
  • user11user11 Posts: 3Member
    hi ... hope u all will be fine..

well i have some sort of question regarding implementation of some algorithm in linux related to parallel processing...kindly help me out..

well i need the
    1.code of implementing one to all broadcast and all to one reduction for a ring..
    2.implementing ALL to All broadcast and reduction for mesh
    3.Implemenation of ALl reduction for hypercube..
    kindly if any one have the stuff related to my post kindly do paste the code if u have..

Regards
    USer11