how to retrive last entry / record from access db, using asp - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

how to retrive last entry / record from access db, using asp

hi,

i have dev tape log system with different type of tape categories (dvd, cd, voice over,etc) my challenge is i want to auto generate tape ID number when ever i try to add new tape log.

for example:

the last Tape log ID for Voice over category is VO5533

Now, how do i tell the application that i want to retrieve the last Tape log ID for the Voice over category?

currently in my Add new Tape log page, i have to insert the Tape log ID manually, which is very hard as i need to search for the last record manually then enter the new record, is there anyway i can write a script to auto generate the tape ID based on the category selected and add + 1 to the tape log ID?

im kind of new to ASP i would appreciate any sample codes or tuts you guys can provide me with

Comments

• jayvee88jayvee88 Posts: 4Member
    i guess it's late for this but, just for future references..
    to be able to tell the application to retrieve a record from a certain category, having different tables for a category would do and for the id, i would recommend auto-increment.
    to be able to tell the application to retrieve a record from a certain category, having different tables for a category would do and for the id, i would recommend auto-increment.