Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

how to retrive last entry / record from access db, using asp

hi,

i have dev tape log system with different type of tape categories (dvd, cd, voice over,etc) my challenge is i want to auto generate tape ID number when ever i try to add new tape log.

for example:

the last Tape log ID for Voice over category is VO5533

Now, how do i tell the application that i want to retrieve the last Tape log ID for the Voice over category?

currently in my Add new Tape log page, i have to insert the Tape log ID manually, which is very hard as i need to search for the last record manually then enter the new record, is there anyway i can write a script to auto generate the tape ID based on the category selected and add + 1 to the tape log ID?

im kind of new to ASP i would appreciate any sample codes or tuts you guys can provide me with

Comments

• jayvee88jayvee88 Posts: 4Member
    i guess it's late for this but, just for future references..
    to be able to tell the application to retrieve a record from a certain category, having different tables for a category would do and for the id, i would recommend auto-increment.
    to be able to tell the application to retrieve a record from a certain category, having different tables for a category would do and for the id, i would recommend auto-increment.