Problem in Opening offline edb file - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Problem in Opening offline edb file

Hi,

I am using Exchange Server 2003 SP2, I am trying to write an application to read the offline exchange .edb and .stm files. For the same i am using Jet Blue API's.

My sequence of API Call's is

JetSetSystemParameter(NULL, JET_sesidNil,JET_paramDatabasePageSize, 4096, NULL);
JetCreateInstance(&instance, "instance");
JetInit(&instance);
JetBeginSession(instance, &sesid, 0, 0);
JetAttachDatabase(sesid,"C:\Temp\SP-MS-1.edb",JET_bitDbReadOnly);

All my above calls are executed successfully, except the last function call i.e. JetAttachDatabase(sesid,"C:\Temp\SP-MS-1.edb",JET_bitDbReadOnly);

I have found out that when i make the database offline by unmounting the mail boxes, and copy it to the temp folder, in this case, "JetAttachDatabase" returns -544 as an error code, which states that "Soft recovery is intended on a backup database. Restore should be used instead".

So further i use the eseutil.exe with the option as eseutil /r /l /d options on the original location of the database file, the util runs successfully, then i copy this repaired edb file to temp location and then use it my application, now also all the above calls executes successfully, except the last function call "JetAttachDatabase" fails with the error code as -1, which states that "Function Not Yet Implemented".

What am i doing wrong? Anybody with some suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanking all in advance