Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

VB6 IDE, No Printer at startup, Vista Ultimate 64-bit

NevilleLangNevilleLang Posts: 4Member
Hi Guys,

I have had Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit for a number of years now. I recently installed VB6 SP6 because I need to now support a legacy program.

Every time I startup VB6 then click on File > Print Setup, I get an error "Problem getting printer information from the system. Make sure the printer is set up correctly."

I am trrying to track down a printer issue in the code but I cannot debug the program because the Printer object is not operational in the IDE.

I have a Brother HL-2040 directly connected to my computer via USB port, it is set as the default printer in Windows Vista, and is ready.

I can easily print to this printer from Word etc., so there is no actual problem when using the printer from any other program.

When I compile the program I am working on in VB6, there is no problem printing to the printer from the compiled program. The problem only occurs when the VB6 IDE starts up.

I have also set the shortcut to the VB6 IDE for "Run as administrator" and have also tried a compatiblity setting for WinXP but the problem still persists.

Any clues?

I have Googled but there is no information that seems to solve my problem.

Regards,
Neville Lang

Comments