Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Need help with VB6 programming

rezakhandakerrezakhandaker Posts: 1Member
Hello everyone,
I'm a novice programmer trying to display Crystal Report 8.5 report (C:Try.rpt) through my VB6 program. It is to be mentioned that the database that I'm useing is Oracle 9i installed on the same computer and Global Database Name/SID is 'exim'. I'm using the following code -
Public cn As New ADODB.Connection
Public rs As New ADODB.Recordset
Public CnString As String
Public SQLSelect As String
Public crxApp As New CRAXDRT.Application
Public crxReport As CRAXDRT.Report

Private Sub Form_Load()
Call OpenDatabase
Call LoadReport
End Sub

Public Function LoadReport()
Set crxReport = New CRAXDRT.Report
Set crxApp = CreateObject("crystalruntime.application")
Set crxReport = crxApplication.OpenReport("C:Try.rpt", 1)
crxReport.DiscardSavedData
crxReport.Database.SetDataSource rs
crvViewer.ReportSource = crxReport
crvViewer.ViewReport
End Function

Public Function OpenDatabase()
Set cn = New ADODB.Connection
CnString = "Provider=MSDAORA.1;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=scott;Password=tiger;Initial Catalog=GR;Data Source=exim"
cn.ConnectionString = CnString
cn.Open
cn.CursorLocation = adUseClient
SQLSelect = "SELECT * FROM EMP_VIEW"
rs.Open SQLSelect, cn, adOpenDynamic, adLockReadOnly
End Function
**********************************************************************************

When I'm trying to run this program, I'm getting an error message - "Run-time error '-2147217887 (80040e21)': Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done."

Can anyone please check my codings and help me to rectify the problem. I'll be glad if someone can email me at rezakhandaker@yahoo.com with the solution to this problem. Thanks in advance.

With best regards

Reza Khandaker
4/4, Golden Tower, Golden Street,
Ring Road, Shyamoli,
Dhaka - 1207
Cell: 01730-031453

Comments