Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Firefox keeps caching java applet jar file no matter what

Josh CodeJosh Code Posts: 675Member
Hi,

In Firefox, I hit Tools -> Clear History and selected cache. I also selected "Everything" to mean all cache for all time.

It still miraculously/annoyingly finds a way to retrieve the applet from a nonexistant jar file. The jar was removed off the host website as shown when I access the site using FTP but still shows in the web browser.

How can I force Firefox to realize that the jar file is gone?

Comments

• SokoxSokox Posts: 4Member
    Might be that your browser is not using applet from the server, but programm from the temp .... try to delete all temp files, in order to solve this problem
  • Josh CodeJosh Code Posts: 675Member
    Several things were tried but still have the same problem. Below, I listed the things I tried but didn't work.

The HTML markup of the applet was changed which partly worked. When viewing the applet in an offline page, it showed the new version.
    [code]

[/code]

That didn't work in the version on my website, though.

Firefox temperary internet files were deleted but it the old version of the applet is still shown.

I went into the AppDataLocalLowSunJavaDeploymentCache folder that the JVM seems to use to cache its jar data and deleted most of the numbered folders there.

A similar question was asked [link=http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/firefox-java-applet-cache-551644/]here[/link] but the solutions given to that don't work for me.

The web page containing the applet is [link=http://www.cslearn.netne.net/graphics/applet/robots/robotRacer/page.html]here[/link]. The old version starts with a semetric view with the stop light and stop sign in dead centre. The new version looks off to the side by 30 ot 40 degrees. If I'm right, you should see the new version and things off to the side.