Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Learning OOP Perl

ChuckHudginsChuckHudgins Posts: 1Member
How hard is it to make the transition from being skilled with Perl as a scripting language to being able to program with Perl as an OO language? I have been recruiting for some web application dev spots and they are requiring solid OOP Perl skills. But what I am finding are people who make the claim that they can pick up that level of Perl even though they have only been using it to script (for automation or whatever).

Can one really make the transition that easily (assuming that they already know other OOP languages)?

Thanks,
Chuck

Comments

• ppantppant Posts: 5Member
    [size=2]I think if a person who knew a bit of Java/C++ or OOP concepts can understand the OOPerl fast then scripting guy. Again OOPerl is not easy to learn because of various reasons. Take a simple case of basic object creation mechanism which is also not very straight forward in OOPerl.

On other side things are changing after #Moose.
    But I strongly believe that Object oriented programming really requires different mindset. [/size][color=Green][/color]