MFC makes me insane - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

MFC makes me insane

hello. i have found some class on the net that allows you to create application bars (such as the office bar)

it is called CAppBar and is derived from CDialog

now i would like to make a dialog, which is uses CAppBar, mut vc++ lets me only select CDialog,

and i have to change the code manually. am i doing something wrong, or is this the only way ?

Comments

• Visual Studio will "automate" only so much of your programming. There are countless situations that MFC and C++ support that Visual Studio doesn't. Remember that your really writting C++ code. Visual Studio (or what your calling VC++) is only a "wrapper" around the language to "automate" some of your programming to make you job easier. So...answering your question, this is normal, and expected.

: hello. i have found some class on the net that allows you to create application bars (such as the office bar)

:

: it is called CAppBar and is derived from CDialog

: now i would like to make a dialog, which is uses CAppBar, mut vc++ lets me only select CDialog,

: and i have to change the code manually. am i doing something wrong, or is this the only way ?

: